The Village of LeRoy maintains the storm and sanitary sewer systems throughout the Village and to some outside the Village addresses (Town).
Residential Sewer Rates
Your residential sewer bill is composed of two parts:
- Basic Debt Service Charge
- Usage-Based Charge
The usage-based charge is based on your water usage, as reported to us by Monroe County Water Authority.
|Basic Debt Service||Cost Per Unit (as of 11/1/22)|
|Addresses Inside Village Limits||$48.00|
|Addresses Outside Village Limits||$144.00|
|Usage-Based Charge||Cost Per 1000 Gallons (as of 11/1/22)|
|Addresses Inside Village Limits||$9.60|
|Addresses Outside Village Limits||$11.10|
Sewer bills are mailed quarterly, the first week of February, May, August, and November.
Paying Your Bill
The Village of LeRoy currently offers the following ways to pay your sewer bill. Please include your sewer bill stub or write account number in memo section when paying with check or money order:
- Pay online using the link on the home page of this website
- Mail check or money order to: Village of LeRoy, 3 West Main St., LeRoy NY 14482. Please allow 5 business days for it to reach us.
- Use the secure drop box near the side door of Village Hall.
- Pay in person at the Village Clerk's Office, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
- Pay at Tompkins Community Bank
Re-Levy of Unpaid Sewer Bills to Taxes
After April 30th of each year, any unpaid sewer bill greater than $180.00 will be added to your Village tax bill. *With the raise in rates in Nov. 2022, the unpaid sewer amount to relevy has been raised to $225.00*